Gyms are always packed in January, but by the time summer rolls around, many people have stopped going. Staying in shape can be hard when it's hot out and all you want to do is relax by the pool. But it's important to keep up with your routine – here are some tips on how to stay motivated this summer.
1. Drink lots of water to stay hydrated. We have all heard the classic adage, "drink eight glasses of water a day." But during the summer, it's even more important to stay hydrated. When you're sweating a lot, you need to replenish your body's fluids. Drinking water will help you stay cool and prevent heat exhaustion. Not only will this help your body function at its best, but it will also help you avoid those pesky summertime headaches.
2. Exercise in the morning or evening when it's cooler. Anyone who has attempted to run a few miles on a hot summer day knows how quickly the heat can take its toll. That's why many experts recommend exercising in the morning or evening, when the temperature is cooler. Not only will you be more comfortable, but you'll also be less likely to suffer from heat-related injuries.
3. Take a break during the hottest part of the day. If you must be outdoors during the midday sun, take a break in the shade or indoors where it's cooler. This will help prevent heat stroke and other serious health problems.
4. Try a new summer sport. Summer is the perfect time to try out a new sport or activity. If you live in one of our luxury Brentwood apartments, you are only a short drive from the beach. It is the perfect time to take up surfing, volleyball, or any other beach activity. Or, if you prefer to stay on land, try hiking or biking in the mountains. Not only will you get some exercise, but you'll also get to enjoy the beautiful summer scenery.
4. Wear light, loose clothing that allows your skin to breathe. When it's hot outside, the last thing you want to do is put on a heavy coat or tight clothing. Instead, opt for light, loose-fitting clothes that will keep you cool. Natural fabrics like cotton are always a good choice. If you're going to be outdoors for an extended period of time, make sure to wear sunscreen to protect your skin from the sun's harmful UV rays.
5. Eat light, refreshing meals. In the summer, you don't want to eat heavy meals that will make you feel sluggish. Instead, focus on light, refreshing foods that will give you energy without weighing you down. Fresh fruits and vegetables, lean protein, and whole grains are all good choices.
6. Stick to your routine. It can be tempting to skip a workout or have an extra glass of wine when it's hot out. But if you want to stay in shape, it's important to stick to your routine. Try to find a balance between enjoying the summer and staying on track with your fitness goals. We would also suggest creating a workout schedule that you can stick to. That way, you won't have to think about working out – it will just become part of your weekly routine.
With these tips, you can stay in shape this summer without sacrificing your fun in the sun. Just remember to drink lots of water, exercise in the cooler morning or evening hours, and take breaks when it's hot outside. Also, don't forget to enjoy some of the many outdoor activities that summer has to offer, particularly if you live in a luxury Los Angeles apartment, where the beach is always accessible.